Squadron Motto: “Seek and Destroy”
41 Squadron was formed by the Royal Flying Corps at Gosport on 15th April 1916. The Second World War saw the squadron heavily involved, gaining numerous Battle Honours.
41 Squadron arrived at Wattisham on 5th July 1958, bringing Javelin FAW4s in the all-weather fighter role. In January 1960 much improved Javelin FAW8s were introduced, armed with air-to-air missiles.
On 31st December 1963 41 Squadron was disbanded at Wattisham.