Squadron Motto: “Ex Ungue Leonem” (We May Judge)
Squadron Nickname: “Fellowship of The Bellows”
263 Squadron was formed in Italy on the 27th September 1918.
On 27th October 1957 263 Squadron arrived at Wattisham equipped with Meteor F8 jet fighters.
The squadron took part in the impressive Coronation Flypast of 2nd June 1953.
263 Squadron replaced the Meteor F8 with the Hunter F2 in February 1955.
In April 1957 263 Squadron replaced their aircraft with the Hunter F6 version.
263 Squadron departed to Stradishall in August 1957.